LACE UP THOSE ATHLETIC SHOES & START TRAINING!
Join us Sat, May 20 for the Medical Mutual Dart Frog Dash!
5K walk/ run at 8:30 a.m. Kids’ Fun Run at 9:45 a.m.
Want to run or walk but not feeling ready? Here are some quick tips to get there in just six weeks!
- Buddy up! Conditioning with a friend will keep you motivated and moving.
- Get the right gear! Invest in a good pair of running shoes and a feel-good outfit. Visit Dave’s Running Shop for some expert advice!
- Slow and steady is the way to go. Start out running 10 seconds, then walk the remainder of each minute. Work up to running for two minutes and walking for one until you can run the full distance.
- Use a training schedule such as:
- Week 1: Tue- train 10 mins; Thu- 13 mins; Sat- one mile
- Week 2: Tue- train 16 mins; Thu- 19 mins; Sat- 2 miles
- Week 3: Tue- train 19 mins; Thu- 22 mins; Sat- 2.5 miles
- Week 4: Tue- train 22 mins; Thu- 25 mins; Sat- 3 miles
- Week 5: Tue- train 25 mins; Thu- 28 mins; Sat- 3.5 miles
- Week 6: Tue- train 20 mins; Thu- 30 mins: Sat – run your first 5k!
For more information or to register, visit toledozoo.org/dartfrog or call 419-385-5721, ext. 2091.
Register by May 14 to be guaranteed an event t-shirt! Or, register by May 1 and upgrade to a Nike Dri Fit tech tee for a small fee!
Registrants & their cheering sections who arrive on Zoo grounds prior to 10 a.m. can stay and enjoy a day at the Zoo at no additional charge.
Team Sponsorship opportunities available!
Packet Pick-Up Sponsor:
Kids’ Fun Run Sponsor:
Corporate Team Sponsor:
Supporting Corporate Team Sponsors: Root, Savage & Associates inc.,Toledo Public Schools, EY-Team Chris Mabrey, and University of Toledo Eberly Center.